Sergey Norin: Publications and Preprints
- Proper minor-closed families are small (with P. Seymour, R. Thomas and P. Wollan), J. Comb. Theory B 96 (2006), 754-757.
- New tools and results in graph minor structure theory, Surveys in Combinatorics 424 (2015), 221-260.
- Non-planar extensions of subdivisions of planar graphs (with R. Thomas), J. Comb. Theory B 121 (2016), 326-366.
- The extremal function for disconnected minors (with E. Csóka, I. Lo, H. Wu and L. Yepremyan), J. Comb. Theory B 126 (2017), 162-174.
- K6 minors in large 6-connected graphs (with K. Kawarabayashi, R. Thomas and P. Wollan), J. Comb. Theory B 129 (2018), 158-203.
- K6 minors in 6-connected graphs of bounded tree-width (with K. Kawarabayashi, R. Thomas and P. Wollan), J. Comb. Theory B 136 (2019), 1-32.
- Clustered Colouring in Minor-Closed Classes (with A. Scott, P. Seymour and D. R. Wood), Combinatorica 39 (2019), 1387–1412.
- A lower bound on the average degree forcing a minor (with B. Reed, A. Thomason and D. R. Wood), Electronic J. Comb. 27(2) (2020), #P2.4, 9pp.
- Asymptotic density of graphs excluding disconnected minors (with R. Kapadia and Y. Qian), J. Comb. Theory B 146 (2021), 151-175.
- Islands in minor-closed classes. I. Bounded treewidth and separators (with Z. Dvorak)
- Obstructions for partitioning into forests and outerplanar graphs (with R. Kim and S. Oum), submitted.
- Breaking the degeneracy barrier for coloring graphs with no Kt minor (with L. Postle and Z-X. Song), submitted.
- A new upper bound on the chromatic number of graphs with no odd Kt minor (with Z-X. Song), submitted.
- Connectivity and choosability of graphs with no Kt minor (with L. Postle), submitted.
- Densities of minor-closed graph classes are rational (with R. Kapadia)
- Clustered colouring of graph classes with bounded treedepth or pathwidth (with A. Scott and D. R. Wood), submitted.
- Undecidability of linear
inequalities in graph homomorphism densities (with H.
Hatami), J. Amer. Math. Soc.,
24 (2011), 547-565.
- Turan graphs and the
number of colorings, SIAM J. Discrete Math., 25 (2011), 260-266.
- Non-three-colorable common graphs exist (with H. Hatami, J. Hladky, D. Kral' and A.
Razborov), Combin. Probab. Comput., 21 (2012), 734--742.
- On the number of pentagons in
triangle-free graphs (with H. Hatami, J. Hladky, D. Kral' and A. Razborov), J. Combin. Theory Ser. A, 120 (2013), 722-732.
- The inducibility of blow-up graphs (with H. Hatami and J. Hirst), J. Combin. Theory Ser. B, 109 (2014), 196-212.
- Sparse halves in dense triangle-free graphs (with L. Yepremyan), J. Combin. Theory Ser. B, 115 (2015), 1-25.
- Erdős-Szekeres without induction (with Y. Yuditsky), Disc. and Comp. Geometry 55 (2016), 963-971.
- Turán number of generalized triangles (with L. Yepremyan), J. Combin. Theory Ser. A, 146 (2017), 312-343.
- Counting flags in triangle-free digraphs (with J. Hladky and D. Kral'), Combinatorica, 37 (2017), 49-76.
- Turán numbers of extensions (with L. Yepremyan), J. Comb. Theory A 155
- A bound on the inducibility of cycles (with D. Kral' and J. Volec), J. Comb. Theory A 161
- On the boundary of the region defined by homomorphism densities (with H. Hatami), J. Of Comb. 10 (2019), 203-219.
- A Turán theorem for extensions via an Erdős-Ko-Rado theorem for Lagrangians (with A. Bene Watts and L. Yepremyan), Combinatorica, 19 (2019), 1149–1171.
- Bounding the number of cycles in a graph in terms of its degree sequence (with Z. Dvořák, N. Morrison, J. A. Noel and L. Postle), European J. Combin. 91 (2021), 103206, 16 pp.
- Triangle-independent sets vs. cuts (with Y. R. Sun), submitted.
- Asymptotics of Ramsey numbers of double stars (with Y. R. Sun and Y. Zhao), submitted.
- The smallest matroids with no large independent flat (with P. Nelson), submitted.
- Non-bipartite k-common graphs (with D. Kral', J. A. Noel, J.Volec and F. Wei), submitted.
- The inducibility of oriented stars (with P. Hu, J. Ma and H. Wu), submitted.
Sparse Graph Classes:
Treewidth of graphs with balanced separations (with Z.
Dvorak), J. Comb. Theory B 137 (2019), 137-144.
- Small graph classes and bounded expansion (with Z. Dvorak), J. Comb. Theory B 100 (2010), 171-175.
- Strongly sublinear separators and polynomial expansion (with Z. Dvorak), SIAM J. Discrete Math. 30(2) (2016), 1095–1101.
- Treewidth of grid subsets (with E.
Berger and Z. Dvorak), Combinatorica 38 (2018), 1337-1352.
- Orthogonal Tree Decompositions of Graphs
(with V. Dujmovic, G. Joret, P. Morin and D. R. Wood), SIAM J. Discrete Math., 32 (2018), 839-863.
Sublinear separators in intersection graphs of convex shapes (with Z.
Dvorak and R. McCarty), submitted.
Hereditary Graph Classes:
- The entropy of random-free graphons and properties (with H. Hatami), Combin. Probab. Comput., 22, (2013) 517-526.
- Excluding a substar and an anti-substar (with M. Chudnovsky, B. Reed and P. Seymour), SIAM J. Discrete Math., 29(1) (2015), 297–308.
- Typical structure of hereditary graph families. I. Apex-free families (with Y. Yuditsky), submitted.
- Typical structure of hereditary graph families. II. Exotic examples (with Y. Yuditsky), submitted.
Matching Theory and Pfaffian Orientations:
- A new proof of a characterisation of Pfaffian bipartite graphs
(with C. H. C. Little and Kee L. Teo), J. Comb. Theory
B 91 (2004), 123-126.
- Matching structure and Pfaffian orientations of graphs,
PhD. Thesis, Georgia Institute of Technology (2005).
- Unions of perfect
matchings in cubic graphs (with T. Kaiser and D. Kral'),
in "Topics in Discrete
Mathematics" (M. Klazar, J. Kratochvil, J. Matousek, R.
Thomas, P. Valtr, eds.), Springer (2006), 225-230.
- Minimal bricks (with
R. Thomas), J. Comb. Theory
B 96 (2006), 505-513.
- Generating bricks (with
R. Thomas), J. Comb. Theory
B 97 (2007), 769-817.
- Pfaffian graphs, T-joins
and crossing numbers, Combinatorica 28 (2008), 89-98.
Drawing Pfaffian graphs,
Graph Drawing, 12th International Symposium, Lecture Notes in
Computer Science, 3383
- Pfaffian labelings and signs
of edge-colorings (with R. Thomas), Combinatorica 28 (2008), 99-111.
- Minimally non-Pfaffian
graphs (with R. Thomas), J. Comb. Theory B 98
- Drawing 4-Pfaffian graphs on
the torus, Combinatorica 29 (2009), 109-119.
- Exponentially many perfect
matchings in cubic graphs (with L. Esperet, F. Kardos, A.
King and D. Kral'), Adv.
- Holographic algorithms
without matchgates (with J. M. Lansberg and J. Morton),
Linear Algebra Appl., 438 (2013), 782--795.
- The circular chromatic
index of flower snarks (with M. Ghebleh, D. Kral' and R.
Thomas), Electronic Journal
of Combinatorics, 13(1) (2006), #N20, 7pp.
- On two questions
about circular choosability, J. Graph Theory
58 (2008), 261-269.
- Circular degree
choosability (with X. Zhu), Electronic Journal
of Combinatorics, 15(1) (2008), #R100, 8pp.
- Graphs with full rank
3-color matrix and few 3-colorings (with J.-S. Sereni),
J. Comb. Theory B 98 (2008), 1115-1116.
choosability via combinatorial Nullstellensatz (with
T.-L. Wong and X. Zhu), J. Graph Theory 59 (2008), 190-204.
- Circular consecutive
choosability of k-choosable graphs (with D. Liu,
Z. Pan and X. Zhu), J.
Graph Theory 67
- List coloring with requests (with Z. Dvorak and L. Postle), J.
Graph Theory 92
- Counterexamples to a conjecture of Harris on Hall ratio (with
A. Blumenthal, B. Lidicky, R. R. Martin, F. Pfender and J. Volec), submitted.
Analogies Between Graphs and Riemann Surfaces:
- Riemann-Roch and
Abel-Jacobi theory on a finite graph (with M. Baker), Adv. Math. 215(2) (2007), 766-788.
- Harmonic morphisms and
hyperelliptic graphs (with M. Baker), Int. Math. Res. Notices
(2009), 42 pp.
- Jacobians of near-complete
and threshold graphs (with P. Whalen), European J. Combin. 32
- Rank of divisors on
tropical curves (with J. Hladky and D. Kral'), J. Combin. Theory Ser. A, 120 (2013), 1521-1538.
- Set intersections, perfect graphs, and voting in agreeable
societies (with D. E. Berg, F. E. Su, R. Thomas and P.
Wollan), Am. Math. Mon. 117 (2010), 27-39.
counterexample to a conjecture of Schwartz (with F.
Brandt, M. Chudnovsky, I. Kim, G. Liu, A. Scott, P. Seymour
and S. Thomasse), Soc. Choice Welf., 40(3) (2013), 739-743.
- Polylogarithmic Supports are required for Approximate Well-Supported Nash Equilibria below 2/3 (with Y. Anbalagan, R. Savani and A. Vetta), Web and Internet Economics, LNCS, 8289 (2013), 15--23.
- A Near-Optimal Mechanism for Impartial Selection (with N. Bousquet and A. Vetta), Web and Internet Economics, LNCS, 8877 (2014), 133-146.
- Large Supports are required for Well-Supported Nash Equilibria (with Y. Anbalagan, H. Huang, S. Lovett, A. Vetta and H. Wu), LIPIcs. APPROX/RANDOM 15 40 (2015), 78-84.
- Descending the Stable Matching Lattice: How many Strategic Agents are required to turn Pessimality to Optimality? (with N. Ndiaye and A. Vetta), submitted.
- A polynomial lower bound for the size of a k-min-wise independent set of permutations, J. Math. Sci. (N. Y.) 118 (2003), no. 2, 4994-5000.
- Markov bases of binary graph models of K4-minor free graphs (with D. Kral' and O. Pangrac), J. Comb. Theory A 117 (2010), 759-765.
- Flag algebras and the stable coefficients of the Jones polynomial (with S. Garoufalidis and T. Vuong), European J. Combin., 51 (2016), 165-189.
- Distribution of coefficients of rank polynomials for random sparse graphs, (with. D. Jakobson, C. MacRury and L. Turner), Electronic J. Combin., 25(4) (2018), #R5.40, 29pp.
- A distribution on triples with maximum entropy marginal, Forum of Math. Sigma, 7 (2019), #E46, 12pp.
- Virtually fibering right-angled Coxeter groups (with K. Jankiewicz and D. Wise), submitted.
- Torsion groups do not act on 2-dimensional CAT(0) complexes (with D. Osajda and P. Przytycki), submitted.
- Connectivity of addable classes of forests, manuscript.