189-255B, Analysis II
- Instructor: Dmitry Jakobson
- Teaching Assistant: Robert Masson
- Lectures: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:30-10:30, Burnside 1B2
- Syllabus: Riemann integral, Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.
Sequences of functions, pointwise and uniform convergence, interchange
of limits, the exponential, logarithmic and trigonometric functions.
Infinite series, absolute convergence, series of functions. Point set
topology: open and closed sets, compact sets, continuous functions, metric
spaces. Lebesgue theory of integration (if time permits).
G. Bartle and R. Sherbert, "Introduction to Real Analysis", 3rd ed.
- Grading: Final grade = Max[Final, .55*Final +
.25*Midterm + .2*Assignments]
- Books on reserve at Schulich (formerly PSEG) library:
Other Web Resources