I am an associate professor of mathematics at McGill University. I am from Mongolia, and did my PhD at Utrecht University with Rob Stevenson and Hans Duistermaat. Before coming to McGill, I was a postdoc at UCSD with Mike Holst. My mathematical genealogy page is here.
My research generally concerns analysis of partial differential equations and of numerical algorithms for solving them. I have worked on existence theory of a semilinear elliptic system arising in general relativity, detailed analysis of equations similar to the Navier-Stokes system, optimal complexity bounds on some adaptive numerical methods for solving elliptic boundary value problems, a nonlocal generalization of the isoperimetric problem, and certain combinatorial approximations of the exterior calculus. Currently I am working on projects related to elliptic regularity theory, the Navier-Stokes equations, conformal geometry, and adaptive numerical methods. My publications can be found at Google Scholar, at arXiv or on this page.
I enjoy making simple illustrative simulations. Have a look at animations of ancient planetary models.
This fall I am teaching a introductory graduate course on functional analysis. Then in the coming winter, I will teach a second graduate course on partial differential equations, and an honours course on ordinary differential equations.
Postdocs and collaborators
- Yann-Meing Law (PhD 2018, Applied Mathematics, Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal)
- Rohit Jain (PhD 2016, Mathematics, UT Austin)
- Andy Wan (PhD 2014, Applied Mathematics, Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal)
- Ihsan Topaloglu (PhD 2012, Mathematics, Indiana U Bloomington)
- Nella Rotundo (PhD 2012, Applied Mathematics, Catania)
- Ibrahim Al Balushi (McGill)
- Douglas Arnold (Minnesota)
- Gerard Awanou (UI Chicago)
- Rustum Choksi (McGill)
- Richard Falk (Rutgers)
- Helmut Harbrecht (Basel)
- Michael Holst (UC San Diego)
- Johnny Guzmán (Brown)
- Wen Jiang (Idaho National Lab)
- Tae-Yeon Kim (Khalifa)
- Evelyn Lunasin (US Naval Academy)
- Caleb Meier (UCSD)
- Gabriel Nagy (Michigan State)
- Rob Stevenson (U Amsterdam)
- Ihsan Topaloglu (Virginia Commonwealth)
- Yongcheng Zhou (Colorado State)
- Yunrong Zhu (Idaho State)