- Rustum Choksi
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- McGill University
- Email: rchoksi AT math DOT mcgill DOT ca
- Phone: 514-398-3817
- Office: Burnside Hall 1110
- Mailing Address:
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
805 Sherbrooke Street West
- PhD, Brown University 1994
- SM, Brown University 1991
- BSc, University of Toronto 1989
- Courant Institute, New York University 1995 - 1997
- Center for Nonlinear Analysis, Carnegie-Mellon University 1994 - 1995
My main research interests lie in the calculus of variations and nonlinear partial differential equations -- focusing on problems of pattern formation .
I have been particularly interested in the analysis of nonconvex and nonlocal variational problems with a focus on
global methods for addressing ground states
metastability and energy landscapes.
Other interests include
Geometric self-assembly / arrangement of rigid shapes via generalized centroidal Voronoi tessellations and applications of the eikonal equation and distance function in computational geometry
Variational approaches to deblurring and denoising in image processing, particularly image processing of bar codes.
Curvature based variational problems associated with the shape of biological membranes.
MATH 475 -- Honours Partial Differential Equations
MATH 264-- Advanced Calculus for Engineers
MATH 255 -- Honours Analysis II