- Rustum Choksi
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- McGill University
- Email: rustum DOT choksi AT mcgill DOT ca
- Phone: 514-398-3817
- Office: Burnside Hall 1110
- Mailing Address:
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
805 Sherbrooke Street West
- PhD, Brown University 1994
- SM, Brown University 1991
- BSc, University of Toronto 1989
- Courant Institute, New York University 1995 - 1997
- Center for Nonlinear Analysis, Carnegie-Mellon University 1994 - 1995
In the broad sense, my research interests lie in the the study and application of variational problems primarily from the perspective of the modern calculus of variations and nonlinear partial differential equations.
I am particularly interested in the interplay of these problems with pattern formation.
Particular problems and applications include:
Liquid Drop Models, Nonlocal Cahn-Hilliard and Isoperimetric Problems, and Self-assembly of Diblock copolymers
Optimal Centroidal Voronoi Tessellations and Generalizations
Inverse Problems and Deblurring and Denoising in Image Processing.
Nonlocal Interaction Energies and Self-assembly
Grain Growth in Polycrystalline Materials
Curvature based Variational Problems Associated with the Shape of Biological Membranes.
MATH 580-- Graduate Partial Differential Equations 1
MATH 264 -- Advanced Calculus for Engineers