Potential postdocs whose research interests intersect with mine are encouraged
to apply to the CRM-ISM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme,
but should also contact me directly if intending to name me as a potential supervisor. Note that the closing date is typically
in December of the year before the fellowship is to start.
Potential graduate students must follow the application procedure as detailed at the
McGill Mathematics website, but I would also
be very happy to hear from you directly. I am particularly looking for students interested
in working on aspects of delay differential equations (including dynamics, numerical analysis and applications).
Undergraduates interested in (funded!) summer research should see my
USRA Projects page.
- Tyler Cassidy, PhD student, since Fall 2015
- Shaza Alsibaai, PhD student, since Fall 2018
- Wendy Wang, Masters student, since Fall 2018
- Jean Chillet, Undergraduate honours research project student, since Fall 2018
- Daniel Camara de Souza, Postdoctoral researcher, January 2015 to January 2017, "A mathematical model of
mobilization and homing of human hematopoietic stem cells"
- Alexey Eremin, Postdoctoral researcher from September 2012 to August 2013.
- Renato Calleja, Postdoctoral researcher, August 2009 to August 2012. Visiting professor, Jan-Apr 2015. Adjunct member of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics since 2015.
- Brian Moore.
Postdoctoral Researcher, 1st October 2003 to 30th September 2005.
- Felicia Magpantay, PhD, "
On the stability
of a model state dependent delay differential equation", McGill 2012.
- Guillaume Lajoie, PhD student, Sept 2007 - Jun 2008, switched to math biology at U. Wash. Now at Université de Montreal.
- Paul Fenton, DPhil, "The Dynamics of Variable Time-Stepping Runge-Kutta
Methods", University of Sussex, 2003,
- Nick Christodoulou, DPhil, "Fixed and Variable Time-Stepping Numerical Methods for
Dynamical Systems", University of Sussex, 2002.
- Kate Abell, DPhil, "Analysis and Computation of the Dynamics of Spatially
Discrete Phase Transition Equations", University of Sussex, 2001.
- Lifei Zhu, MSc, "Existence and Stability of Travelling
Waves for Discrete Nagumo Equations", McGill, 2006.
- Wei Wang, MSc, "On solutions of advanced-retarded
traveling wave equations arising in a neural field theory," McGill 2006.
- Roy Wilds, MSc, "A new
approach for obtaining Traveling Wave solutions to Lattice Differential Equations," McGill, 2006.
- Valentin Duruisseaux, Undergraduate Research Trainee, 2017
- Barbara Gravel, NSERC Undergraduate Summer Research Student, (jointly supervised with Fred Guichard (Biology)), 2017
- Mackenzie Pearson, Undergraduate Honours Research Project,
Numerical Methods for Distributed Delay Differential Equations with infinite delays, 2015.
- Sean Sinclair, SURA Undergraduate Summer Research Student and Honours Research Project
"Numerical Methods for State-Dependent Distributed Delay Differential Equations ," 2014.
- Dongliang Zhang, SURA Undergraduate Summer Research Student and Honours Research Project
"Periodic Orbits of a Singularly Perturbed State Dependent DDE with independent delays," 2012.
- Nicolas Gonzalez, Undergraduate Summer Research Student and Honours Research Project,
"Numerical study of a class of differential equations with two linearly dependent state-dependent delays," 2012.
- Namdar Homayounfar, CAMBAM Undergraduate Summer Research Student 2012,
"The effect of timing of GCSF administration in neutrophil dynamics" (jointly supervised
with M. Mackey and J. Belair).
- Michael Snarski, Undergraduate Honours Research Project, "Periodic Orbits of a Singularly Perturbed Two State Dependent Delay Differential Equation", 2011.
- Namdar Homayounfar, Undergraduate Honours Research Project, "Computing
Periodic Orbits in a Family of State Dependent Delay Differential Equations", 2011.
- Emily Wall, SURA Summer Research Student and Honours Research Project 2011.
"Phase dynamics of coupled ecological systems." (jointly supervised with Fred Guichard (Biology)).
- Gabriel Provencher Langlois, Honours Research Project Summer 2011/Fall 2012,
"Dynamic hematological response to Thrombopoietin".
- Daniel Bernucci, Undergraduate Summer Research Student and Honours Research Project, "Singularly Perturbed Multiple
State Dependent Delay Differential Equations", 2010.
- Orianna DeMasi, Undergraduate Summer Research Student, "
Analysis and Numerical Analysis of State Dependent
Delay Differential Equations", 2009.
- Finn Upham, Undergraduate Summer Research Student, "Model Problems in State Dependent Delay Equations", 2008.
- Myriam Berube, McGill Undergraduate Summer Research Student, "Travelling Waves and Differential
Equations with Advances and Retards", 2004,