- Result statistics: average 36/60, standard deviation 8, median 35
- Exam problems and their solutions
- The grades of the final exam and the final grade of the course are on WebCT.
- If you suspect a grading mistake was made on your exam, email me or (preferably) visit my office before 6pm Monday, June 18.
- No regrade requests will be considered once it passes 6pm.
- Should you have any other request regarding the course or math in general, you can email me or just stop by my office anytime afterwards. I will do my best to answer them!
Date and Time: Friday June 15, 11:30am-2:29pm
- The final will cover everything we have studied in this class.
- Please bring a bluebook or clean sheets of paper, and a calculator.
- This is an open-book and open-note exam. However, do not bring any solution manual or book that extensively lists problems with solutions.
Suggestions for preparation:
- Review the homework and midterm problems.
- Solve these problems (hints to solutions) and the following problems from the textbook:
- 5.1: 5, 8, 10, 11, 23
- 5.2: 10, 15
- 5.3: 4
- 5.4: 4
- 5.5: 4, 9
- 6.1: 4, 8, 10
- 6.4: 6
- 6.6: 4
- 6.7: 4, 6, 9, 11, 13
- Make sure you do not omit concepts from Sections 6.2, 6.3, 6.5 etc. because there are no or few problems in the above list associated with them.
- If you have limited time, do not first read the theory. Instead, pick a problem and if you cannot solve it, study the relevant material until you figure out how to solve the problem.
Office hours during the finals week
- Gantumur: MTuTh 1-4pm, or by appointment (office: APM5151)
- Hieu: Th 4-5pm (office: APM6422)