- Rustum Choksi
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- McGill University
- Email: rustum DOT choksi AT mcgill DOT ca
- Phone: 514-398-3817
- Office: Burnside Hall 1110
- Mailing Address:
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
805 Sherbrooke Street West
My undergraduate text in PDE has been published:
- Partial Differential Equations: A First Course
- Volume 54 of the series AMS Pure and Applied Undergraduate Texts (the Sally Series), American Mathematical Society
- PhD, Brown University 1994
- SM, Brown University 1991
- BSc, University of Toronto 1989
- Courant Institute, New York University 1995 - 1997
- Center for Nonlinear Analysis, Carnegie-Mellon University 1994 - 1995
I am an applied mathematician.
Though my training was as an applied mathematical analyst, I have been increasingly interested in modelling and using techniques from scientific computing.
My focus lies in the the study and application of variational problems in the physical and data sciences and in geometry from the perspective of the calculus of variations, partial differential equations, optimization, and scientific computing.
I am particularly interested in the interplay of these problems with pattern formation.
Particular problems and applications include:
Liquid Drop Models, Nonlocal Cahn-Hilliard and Isoperimetric Problems, and Self-assembly of Diblock copolymers
Centroidal Voronoi Tessellations, Optimal Quantization, and Applications
Solving Ill-Posed Inverse Problems, Deblurring and Denoising in Image Processing.
Nonlocal Interaction Energies and Self-assembly
Grain Growth in Polycrystalline Materials
Curvature based Variational Problems Associated with the Shape of Biological Membranes.
On Sabbatical 2021-2022.
I am a member of Spectra: the Association for LGBT Mathematicians