Summer Research Awards
2015 NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRAs) and SURA Summer Undergraduate Research Awards:
Please note the deadline to submit applications is February 27, 2015 .
The deadline for student to submit final NSERC USRA dossiers to the Mathematics and Statistics Department is Friday, February 27, 2015.
- Application Checklist
- NSERC USRA form 202.1- Printout of what the student generated online
- NSERC USRA from 202.2 (supervisor part) - Printoout of what the supervisor generated online .
- Transcripts (Students must scan thier official transcripts as PDF's and upload these to the NSERC system.) All university-level transcripsts are required. This also includes seperate transcripts for courses done on exhchage and studies at ohter universities prior to McGill.
- Students and Supervisors must submit printouts of form 202.1 and 202.2 to the department along with the application checklist.
All forms and information for students and supervisors are now available on these sites:
Resources for Student and Supervisor
- NSERC On-line Services FAQ: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/OnlineServices-ServicesEnLigne/FAQ-FAQ_eng.asp
- NSERC On-line Services Helpdesk: (613) 995-4273
On-line Services Support Request: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/OnlineServices-ServicesEnLigne/SupportRequest-DemandeDeSoutien_eng.asp
NEW FOR SUMMER 2015: You must "have been registered in at least one of the two terms immediately before holding the award in a bachelor's degree program at an eligible university". (The former rule required you to be registered in the term immediately previous, not one of the two terms previous.) This change may be of interest to students who finish their undergraduate coursework in the Fall term, have not started graduate studies as of the following Winter or Summer terms, and wish to hold a USRA in the following Summer term
SURA (Science Undergraduate Research Awards)
Science Undergraduate Research Awards - SURAs - are for both Canadian and international McGill students registered in a science undergraduate program. First offered in Summer 2007, SURAs are made possible by funding from the Dean of Science and participating research supervisors.SURAs are broadly similar to the NSERC USRA; two differences are, on the student side, that international students may apply, and on the supervisor side, that they must hold a research grant from CRC, NSERC, CIHR, SSHRC, FQRNT, or FRSQ (it is not restricted to NSERC grantholders).
The deadline for student to submit final SURA dossiers to the Mathematics and Statistics Department is Friday, February 27, 2015.
Applications for postdoctoral fellowships are handled by the CRM. Potential applicants should consult the appropriate page on the CRM website, but it would be helpful if they were also in contact with a potential supervisor in the department.