The purpose of the conference is to promote interaction and networking among new researchers in probability and statistics. Any young researcher who has received a Ph.D. on or after 2008, or expects to defend his or her thesis by the end of 2013, is eligible to attend. Due to limited space, participation is by invitation only.
The registration is now closed, but you are welcome to apply to the next edition of the IMS New Researchers Conference. More details can be found on the website of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics.
The participants will have the opportunity to present their research via a short expository talk and a poster, in addition to mingling throughout the day. The contributed talks will be complemented by longer talks by four plenary speakers, the IMS President, and the winner of the 2013 Tweedie Award. Panels on teaching, mentoring of graduate students, publishing and funding will take place during the last day of the conference. Go to the program page for more information.
- Aurore Delaigle (University of Melbourne)
- Stephen E. Fienberg (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Jeffrey S. Rosenthal (University of Toronto)
- Terry Speed (University of California at Berkeley)
- Jingchen Liu (Columbia University). Winner of the 2013 Tweedie Award
- IMS President Hans Rudolf Künsch (ETH Zürich)
Group picture (Larger picture here)