189-325B: Differential Equations
- INSTRUCTOR: Professor J. Labute (BH 1112)
Office Hours: T,Th 14:00-15:00
Web Page: www.math.mcgill.ca/labute.
- TEXT:Differential Equations and Boundary
Value Problems (3rd ed.) by Nagle, Saff and Snider.
- SYLLABUS: First and second order equations, linear equations,
introduction to systems of differential equations, applications, series solutions, elementary numerical methods, Laplace Transforms. Text: Chapters 1-8,12,13
- ASSIGNMENTS: There will be weekly assignments.
- CLASS TESTS: There will one class test which will be held February 21, 2002.
- FINAL EXAM: There will be a three hour final exam; no calculators
will be allowed.
- GRADING: If A = assignment mark, B = test mark,
E = exam mark and F = final mark (all out of 100), then F is the larger of E
and .2A+ .2B + .6E.